Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: I cannot stand these type of people

  1. #11
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I cannot stand these type of people

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tre&falsmom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They make heart guards....the parents could have bought one of those and made him wear it...every time they play they are taking a chance on getting hurt....it's just the chance you take...you could have all the protective gear they make on them and the ball or a piece of bat could hit the one spot you don't have protected...freak accidents happen (alot to my kid) too many lawsuits these days...

    Maybe I should have sued the people who make those hard floors in the schools when my son was hurdling those eight chairs and ended up with a concussion and a broken collarbone...if that floor had been all cushy it wouldn't have hurt him so bad when he tripped and hit the floor...im being VERY sarcastic...not making fun of this boy's situation but lawsuits are getting frivilous these days.

    I hate that the boy had that accident and I'm sure the parents are very upset. When something like that happens it's so sad, but suing everybody won't make it all better...

    I still can't get over the fact that someone sued McDonalds because they bought coffee from there and got burned by it...they said they should have told them it was that hot or something like that...I heard the other day that someone was suing some fast food chain because they made them fat. When they would order they always asked them if they wanted to supersize it and they felt pressure to, then they felt like they had to eat it all to keep it from going to waste and they got fat...what??? </div></div>

    Hey did your kid have to go to Holston Valley by any chance when he had the accident?? Not to be nosey or anything but I can remember transerfering a kid who had the same injuries and was doing the samething when he got hurt. I think we went from Lonesome Pine Hospital and HVH.
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I cannot stand these type of people

    Who would want to be the first and only kid on the team wearing a "heart guard"?!?!?...WTF is a heart guard...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #13
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I cannot stand these type of people

    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #14
    Inactive Member mm70's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2007
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I cannot stand these type of people

    That's the thing...not many kids want to wear them. It is a very small piece of equipment that has straps on it and you can wear it under your shirt. I have seen whole teams in little league wear them. I think Clintwood used to have one for all their players and maybe Coeburn. They are just big enough to protect your heart. I think having the whole team wear one is a good thing to do when they are young. My son won't wear one, he quit using a face guard early on and I spent 6,000 on braces but he refuses to wear a mouth guard. They get made fun of if they wear any thing like that, so none of them want to. I think everybody should wear a mouth guard. Who wants to lose your teeth??? Especially after you spent 2 or 3 years making them perfectly straight with braces...but they are not cool I guess.

    I brought the subject of the heartguard up because I knew they existed and I was just wondering if the defense in this case will bring that up...that the family could have had him wear one...but like you said, what 12 year old wants to wear one?

    Yes, my son is the one who had to be transferred to HVH for his hairbrained stunt...I guess he should have been wearing a helmet, just kidding.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I cannot stand these type of people

    I think the heart guard was introduced 5 years ago or so, so I would think that it could definitely be used by either party.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #16
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I cannot stand these type of people

    heartguard.......isnt that the [censored] you give to dogs for heartworm?
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I cannot stand these type of people

    I honestly think that little league is in "cahoots" with the manufacturers of the metal bats. But honestly, what would have happened if the bat had been wooden and it broke and the kid was "impailed" with part of the bat?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •